Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My Happiest Memory in Seoul

What is my happiest memory from my travels in Seoul?

 
my happiest memory in seoul
Some of my favorit spots to see the spring flowers (Clockwise: Changgyeonggung, Yeouido Cherry Blossom Festival, Daehan Empire Museum at Deoksugung, Seokchon Lake cherry blossom festival - Jamsil, Yeouido cherry blossom festival)
Honestly, it was hard for me to choose only one memory. It took me 2 days to decide it. I think my happiest memory is when I went to Seoul in spring 2015. It was my precious experience because it was the first time for me to travel alone to Seoul and to see the real cherry blossom. In my country, I used to see it once a year during the Lunar New Year celebration but I only saw the plastic version of it.

At that time, I only had 4 days to explore Seoul and find the perfect spot to experience the season of cherry blossom. Despite my short travel time, I managed to go to the 3 famous cherry blossom spots in Seoul. There were Yeouido cherry blossom festival, Seokchon lake cherry blossom festival and Ewha Womans University. Beside that I also went to the 4 main palaces in Seoul and Jongmyo shrine by using the palace integrated ticket. Until now, I still remember clearly on my mind the spring vibrant that I experienced. It was so beautiful and impressive.


Many articles said that it’s really hard to predict the cherry blossom’s blooming date because it depends on the temperature and the weather. Therefore, I didn’t expect to much for it. For me, to be granted a Korean visa is already a great luck but lucky me, the cherry blossoms were almost in full bloom when I arrived in Seoul. I was really happy that day when I saw the cherry blossoms on my way to the guesthouse.
 
Colorful palace gate's roof + cherry blossom + clear blue skies = what a beautiful scenery
In my opinion, each cherry blossom spot offers a different view with their own charm. I love to see the spring flowers in the palace ground especially Changgyeongung and Deoksugung. Both of them offer an extra ordinary view of spring vibrant. Changgyeonggung offers us a beautiful landscape scenery of palace buildings and spring flowers. Deoksugung offers us a contrast view of eastern and western style building side by side with spring flowers as the decoration and clear blue skies as the background. 

When east meets west in spring season - Contrast view of Deoksugung


Ewha Womans University is also one of my favorite places. At this place, I experienced the other side of Seoul, my friends who saw my photos thought that I went traveling to Europe . They didn’t believe me when I said that it was in Korea. When I was in Ewha Womans University, I promised my self to study hard so I can take a master degree or enroll to the Korean language program at this university. 
 
Do you believe that this place is in Korea ?!

Ewha Womans University - one of the most beautiful universities in Seoul

The Ewha Campus Complex (ECC) and the European style buildings were really impressive. I wish I was one of their students.

Ewha Campus Complex


The most impressive and unforgettable cherry blossoms experiences for me were at Yeouido and Seokchon lake. I recommend these places to everyone who want to see cherry blossom in Seoul. It’s really a cherry blossom tunnel at Yeouido.  The cheery blossoms are everywhere at this place. You can see the cherry blossom trees with two iconic places in Seoul as the background. They are Han river and The National Assembly building.
 
Yeouido Cherry Blossom festival
 
The National Assembly Building in spring
Different with Yeouido, Seokchon Lake cherry blossom festival offers a slightly shorter route with Lotte World as the background. You will hear people’s screaming from one of the extreme rides at the theme park while strolling around this cherry blossom path. It wasn’t really a short walking path but believe me you won’t think it is far, you won’t even realize that you have returned to your starting point, thanks to the beautiful scenery that the walking path offers.
 
Seokchon lake cherry blossom festival
 
the cherry blossoms here just too pretty to be missed

I promise to my self to visit Seoul again, especially in spring. I want to explore the other cherry blossom spot and I wish I can stay in Seoul for a month next time and enroll in a short Korean language program at one of the universities in Seoul.
I believe I can do it! 화이팅!


A selca at the Yeouido cherry blossom festival ^^

Click here to read about my another posts about Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment